CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

September 14, 2007

Gymnastics

I have always loved gymnastics...so when I was asked to do elementary gymnastics I was excited about it. Tuesday afternoon somewhere between 30 and 50 kids showed up on my 4 panel mats. IT WAS INSANE!!!! So I split the kids up, half on Tuesdays, half on Thursdays. Yesterday 25 kids showed up...AAAHHHH! Next week will be better because a couple high schoolers are going to help me. But there's only so much one can do with 25 kids who's ability levels range from not being able to do a forward roll to doing backhandsprings. I just hope the parents who are sitting in the stands watching don't think I am a horrible person because I make kids do push-ups when they midbehave! I guess I'll find out over the next few weeks.
One of the girls (in Kinder) takes gymnastics at the Federacion here in Guate. She goes for 3 hours a day. Let me tell you she is darling-toes always pointed, legs always straight, chin always up-I expect big things out of her and I guess so does her coach!

0 comments: