CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

March 7, 2009

The Manna House Porch

Last week during training we were asked to think about our favorite place. We wrote some notes, drew pictures, and then wrote poems. I'm actually kind of proud of my poem. I know it's not a masterpiece but I like it so I thought I'd share.


In the still quiet of the night
I feel the comfort of being home
I sit on my porch in my hammock chair
I swing and I rock and take it all in
I watch the fog overtake the valley
I gaze at the stars shining so bright
I remember the sounds of the day gone by
People laughing, singing, shouting, and asking "on belay?"
I reflect on my day, letting go and breathing the fresh air in
I sit back, relax and settle in
A new day will soon begin

1 comments:

suzannah | the smitten word said...

i always did like camp nights, too...especially sleeping in the cabins in the rain:)