CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

September 9, 2009

in one moment

I spend a lot of time thinking. I think about where I am and where I want to be, who I am and who I want to be. My thoughts often end in defeat--either by falling asleep or the conclusion that I have no idea what I need to do to get where I want to be geographically and on the inside. Last night I was catching up with a friend and we got into that very conversation. In one fleeting moment she said she didn't want to do youth ministry again it's time for something else. In that moment I realized, neither do I. Whoa! Did I really think that? I am still a little bit in shock of this realization.
Since I graduated from high school (ten whopping years ago), until I moved to Indiana, I have been doing youth ministry. And up until last night I had every intention of getting involved with the youth ministry in my church here. I heart teenageers, there's no question about that, but I am weary. Weary and defeated because more of the time than not I feel the weight of the world on my shoulders. And so as a step in the right direction I am going to find something for me to do...for me. I don't know what it's going to be, let's hope it's something good.

1 comments:

suzannah | the smitten word said...

i just stepped back from youth ministry, too, and it's strange, since even in high school i helped out with a late elementary school program. it's been forever. and i do love teens, but something is shifting.

and honestly, part of it is that i know that quote that "ministry happens in the wake of our pursuit of Christ," and right now, i need to be pursuing a lot more faithfully.

blessings as you figure out where God is calling next:)