CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

March 20, 2007

Living the Life...The Amazing Race

Highlights of the Union Church High School Uth Retreat

  • Living the life...the kids were actually challenged spiritually! I didn't think my small group was going to talk at all but it turns out they were really open with me and each other.
  • New worship songs...friends of friends came down to be "the band" for the weekend. Not only were they great, but the kids really responded positively, and I learned some new songs.
  • The Amazing Race...I have no doubt in my mind that I am old and out of shape and I will never be on the Amazing Race:) We did a afternoon long race around the city(Antigua) where we stayed. I haven't run that hard since my last 10-mile run for cross country my senior year of high school! Of course it would turn out that I couldn't finish the last leg of the race because my leg cramped up so bad I couldn't stand up. Like I said...old.
  • Steal the Bacon X-treme...a Josh Carmichael creation for Next Level but sooooo perfect for this group of kids.
  • Papazitos...my new favorite pizza place in Guatemala.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Suzy! it's good to read about what you are doing down there! Missin you tons! Call me if you get a chance!