CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

November 22, 2007

Little Blessings

A good friend of mine sent me a card for Thanksgiving...which gave me warm fuzzies on the inside and turned out to be a really nice reminder of why those of us who call the US home celebrate Thanksgiving in the first place. Sometimes...okay a lot of times...it's really easy to get caught up in the tasks of holidays (and the short vacations from school:)
But today I want to share with you a few of the things I am thankful for here in Guatemala.
#1 a community and support system of believers like no where else I've been
#2 the handful of close friends here who take me as I am
#3 students who actually follow directions every so often:)
#4 exciting news that i will be getting another roommate & the school getting 9th grade English teacher next semester
#5 finding out that what feels like a burden has been a blessing to numerous people
#6 stumbling on a website that allows students to donate a bowl of rice for every correctly identified vocab word...and then finding out they do it at home for fun
#6 finding the place where i can buy turkey lunchmeat here:)
#7 making it to the top of what seemed like an impossible mountain to climb
#8 my babies- anne marie & erica- they turn 2 next week
#9 7th grade girls who ate my cooking, spent the night, and lived to tell about it
#10 YOU- No, you're not in here Guatemala but I am so thankful for the many blessing you all have showered on me. I look foward to seeing many of you over Christmas vacation!!! Blessings to you all. Enjoy your turkey...and the nap that must immediately following eatting your turkey!!!

0 comments: