CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

December 29, 2007

Handel's "The Messiah"

I sang in Handel's "The Messiah"...the Christmas portion. There were probably 100 people in the chorus, 40 musicians, and the 4 soloists. We rehearsed for 3 months every Sunday afternoon and performed twice-once in the national theatre and once in the Santo Domingo(pictured below). Though the music wasn't exactly my cup of tea it was really good for me vocally. I am so used to singing praise and worship music that it took me a while to adjust.
I had a hard time when I started thinking about all the people who were singing in the chorus(and the soloists) who probably had no clue what we were singing about. I know what it is like to just sing words...I do it a lot on Sunday mornings en espanol. But this was such a big deal! I was so encouraged by some of the CAG community who came and said they really felt the words. If you've never heard it I recommend reading the words. They are sooooo rich!



0 comments: