CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

October 27, 2008

dishwashers

Did anyone else know that home appliances are simply complicated? My parent's dishwasher has been out of service for quite a while now. They went looking for a new one not to long ago and came home with nothing. So yesterday I decided to do a little online research and then take my mom shopping. I spent upwards of 3 hours trying to learn about dishwashers...the brands and features, which ones people like and don't like, and why. Ugh. This morning we went to a local appliance store and sears. The old dishwasher...is not just old...it's ancient...18!!! Helping mom understand that things have changed a bit since her last purchase was half the battle:) Then trying to decide where the silverware rack should be, where the vent should be, what kind of buttons, big handle or small, is an adjustable rack really necessary? what kind of drying system does it have?...the list goes on but I think, just maybe, she picked one out.
...to be continued when there's a functioning dishwasher in the house...:)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Last week, I got fully featured and modern dishwasher from Abes of Maine...