CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

October 11, 2009

fall festivals

There is one thing that I never did while I lived in Ligonier. Anyone familiar with Fort Days may gasp at this...I never went to the Fort Days parade. I was always working at camp(and honestly I didn't mind). I know it was/is a big deal and I know it would have been fun with all the kids and all the staff who came back for reuinions but eh. My favorite part about it was the lawn chairs literally lining the street the day before so people could lay claim to their spots. I wish I had a picture. This statement is on the Chamber of Commerce website "PLEASE, for safety reasons, do not place any chairs along the parade route before 6pm on Friday." Mind you the parade does not start until 11am on Saturday.
This weekend in Martinsville was the Fall Foliage Festival. I knew there would be a parade this afternoon because my girls from gymnastics were walking in it. Ironically I was working so I couldn't be in it with them or go. But this morning as I drove to church I noticed lawn chairs along the road in various places. Now, it wasn't quite as dramatic as good ole' Liggy, but it certainly took me back to my favorite little town. One of these years I will make it to a fall parade. We'll just have to wait and see what state that happens in!

0 comments: