CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

April 5, 2007

Fingerprints

I don't know why I assume that generally speaking people are willing to help others in need. And especially why I would think that the US Embassy would go a foot out of their way to help a US citizen in another country. Maybe it's just my irritation with this whole getting fingerprints process. I spent the last two days driving all over Guatemala City, going back and forth between various police stations, crime units, and the embassy. I have to say I am soooo thankful for the friends who accompanied me, or I guess I should said led me all over. I never would have found my way around and been able to communicate with any of the people where I was going although I actually made somewhat of an attempt to talk with the head of Interpol (international police). His solution which he repeated at least 4 times was for me to find a Guatemalan to marry:) Rene and Coqui were very amused by this, Sherry and I however were not. So now the process continues on Monday and hopefully it will be done on Monday...at least aquiring my fingerprints will be done.

0 comments: