CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

December 10, 2008

Elliana and David..."my" newest babies


I never would have thought in my season of unemployment I'd be in St Louis helping my friend's sister-in-law with her babies. Elliana and David are 8 months old. Though David is very healthy Elliana was born with a condition that made her lungs not work correctly treatable only by lung transplant. She came to St Louis in June and received her new lungs August 15. Mom and babies are staying in Ronald McDonald housing since home is actually Louisville, OH. Elliana's body has accepted her new lungs slowly but surely and has been out of the hospital for just about 4 weeks now. You can see from the pictures just how far she's come! Dad(Rob) is home working in OH but has visited whenever he can but that means Mom(Gina) needs help! Caring for twins is hard in itself but when one of them is a frequent hospital visitor, has a feeding tube, and LOTS of meds an extra set of hands is a must. Which is where I come in. For the most part I hang out with David...feed him, play with him, laugh at him, and cuddle with him. He's quite a bundle of giggles when you get him going! Unfortunately for me whenever I hold the phone camera up to take a picture or video he stops laughing and just stares at the phone--he does not perform on demand! We've had a lot of fun together...including all the times he's peed on me when I change his diaper...I'm get accustomed to boy diapers.




The recent big news is that if all goes as planned everyone will be home in Louisville in time for Christmas! They are suposed to make the long drive home this Saturday.
The other exciting news is that two kids also staying in the Ronald McDonald house got their heart transplants a couple week ago and will also be home--all the way home--for Christmas.

0 comments: