CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

December 19, 2008

yo hum? not not really

I wouldn't exactly say that an interview is yo hum, actually it's very exciting, but I'm trying not to set my hopes too high. I had a phone interview last week which went well and just set up a face-to-face interview for after the holidays. What's the position, you ask? Essentially it's an assistant adventure director(though not the official title)...which basically means spending a good amount of time "in the trees" facilitating and/or building ropes courses in addition to all the office work that it takes to maintain and market that kind of operation. I think what I am most excited about is caving. I have loved caving since the first time Quint took us to Bear Cave when I was a freshman in high school and then even more when I took a caving class with Tanya and Jack at Malone. Simply put, caving is special. There's something about crawling around (literally--no hand rails permitted)underground with a flashlight discovering life you'd never see above ground--whether that be in the cave creatures or in the people surrounding you. Anyway, I guess the caving program at this place is in need of a little TLC...which I'd gladly give...I just need Gabe's to sell coveralls again! I'm feeling good about the job; I just hope and pray this is it!

0 comments: