CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

November 12, 2008

power tools

I think I finally understand the empowerment/need men have for power tools. I wanted to build a cornhole set for some friends and had mentioned it to my dad. This morning after mom was out of the house he asked if I wanted to get to work. That we did...and it was fun. It was entertaining to watch/try to follow my dad's train of thought on how he does things. I was surprised at the tools my dad brought out. He's had them for a LONG time and they are still in great shape! Apparently investing in great tools is worth the money twenty years later. I must admit I was a little intimidated when I first pulled the trigger on the circ saw but I improved a lot as the day went on. I'm a big fan of a jig-saw...I think that's what it was. I used it to cut holes. And unlike Tim-the-tool-man-Taylor I don't need more power!

0 comments: