CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

November 25, 2008

vision

In the months since I left Guatemala I have been trying to find a job and a new home. I can't say that has happened yet but I'm getting better. For all of about 24 hours I was a teacher last week in a charter school. The whole situation was little odd to say the least and my snap decision to accept and then unaccept the position did not help matters. I can safely say I remembered quickly why I don't want to be a teacher...don't get me wrong I adore kids/teenagers but being the person responsible for their education is not who I want to be. The director of the school told me I need to pray for direction...I didn't have the guts to say I have been for months.
This afternoon I was thinking about what I want to do and how maybe I need to settle somewhere whether the job is really what I want or not cause I'm not just looking for a home I'm looking for a community. Its hard to not have one after living at camp and working at CAG.

I am reminded of a simple song we sing at camp...it is my prayer...

Lord, I want to know Your vision though I’m in a foreign land
Grant me heartache for the hungry and the grace to understand
Lead me to the ones who suffer, those whose hearts cannot find rest
Lord, I want to know Your vision
Put me where I can serve best

0 comments: