CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

January 22, 2009

And there was much rejoicing!!!

Today the good news is that I found a job...temporary and not exactly the ideal I had hoped for but a significant step in the right direction. In a few weeks, I will be moving to Indiana, ~30 miles south of Indianapolis, to a place called Bradford Woods. Throughout the year they host adventure education and environmental education groups. On top of that during the summer they run camps for kids with special needs. All of their ropes courses and climbing tower are handicap accessible to a certain degree, something I have never dealt with before. I will be working directly with the adventure and environmental education groups facilitating and teaching. I spent more of my time at Ligonier in the office and supervising than actually facilitating groups so this will give me the opportunity to brush up on rusty skills. Honestly, I'm not exactly sure what to expect, and I am trying to keep it that way. Training starts Feb 16.

2 comments:

suzannah | the smitten word said...

hurray!

Anonymous said...

Good news!!! good luck in Indiana!

It's a long time ago that I've not talked to you Miss Leonard..
We(7th grade) miss you!! Everyone remembers everything you have done with us!! Seventh English is kind of boring... 7th grade is harder!!
We miss you!!! :)

ummmm....
I thought YOU got married!!! I saw your fist post and I thought it is your!!
wait....
Is it yours?? I'm not sure...
I'm improving my English in E2 class... we changed EFL to E2(English Enrichment)..
I'm not a good reader...

Anyway!!! I just wanted to say that we miss you!!
Have a nice trip!
Sincerely,
Rebeca H.