CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

January 15, 2009

Wilderness First Aid training

If you ever think about going into the wilderness...STAY HOME! No just kidding, but that's kind of how I felt while my brain was being overloaded with information about how to care for injured people in the wilderness. I think the hardest concept to grasp was that I may actually need to use this information to safely evac someone and maybe save someone's life. I did very well on my multiple choice test but it was just sooooo much info to take in. Most of us wanted concrete instructions, unfortunately or maybe fortunately, they weren't to be given. The most popular answer to all of our questions was "it depends" because there are so many variables to take into consideration.

The pictures are our attempts at splinting a knee. We decided mine was too short so we tried Mark's. His didn't turn out to well either but we processed a ton of good ideas and things I wouldn't have picked up on had we gotten it perfect right away.
Jim started the class by stating that 'once you have the knowledge expect God to use you.' Overall, I'm a bit anxious about using my new knowledge. But I also know that God won't throw something my way He can't handle through me. That's when I take a deep breath:)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would trust my leg to Suzy Leonard and Allan Edwards, no question.

Two awesome people!

(Matt Hauger)