CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

January 29, 2009

so much fun!!!

I worked an adventure group over the weekend at camp. IT WAS SOOOOO MUCH FUN!!! It was a family retreat, 50-60 people, all from one church, ages 5 to probably 70. We pushed the tables back in the dining room to make enough room. The first game was Rock, Paper, Scissors baseball...and wouldn't you know there were adults who'd never played rock, paper, scissors before!!! We also played "Scoot your Buns" and "Have You Ever" both along the lines of musical chairs. And I can't leave out "Look Up, Look Down" a game that takes no skill...other than screaming. The hour we spent together was more fun than I have had in months. To see grown adults not just playing these silly games but loving them was incredible. I especially loved overhearing the grandparent-types reliving the games over breakfast the next morning.
I also had a great experience with this group on the "Pamper Jump." It's called pamper b/c you're held up by your pampers:) I belayed for 11 adults half of which were NOT going until their friends coerced them. Their faces were all priceless as they reached the platform and realized they were jumping off a platform 20ft in the air...that felt like 40 or 50.
My time spent with this group is a highlight of my 10+ years facilitating adventure education!!! Thanks Beulah Pres.!!!

1 comments:

Mary Ann Hartzell said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I've actually been to
Beulah Pres. a couple of times. Once for a seminar and if it's the same Beulah, once to observe a Montesorri sp? school. How do you play "have you ever" and scoot your buns?